Monday, February 8, 2010

weekend warriors.

so i need to recap my weekend with my favorite moments because i was a bum and didnt even bother blogging or checking my email.

friday, feb 5.
sleepover w/summer+rachel! so wonderful words cannot even describe. we rolled around on leanna's bed laughing at beautiful rachel's silly baby pictures. and then we blissfully fell asleep to coraline. rachel and i shared leanna's cozy big bed, but she had to wake up early for the CBEST. summer and i awoke long after rachel had snuck out (we seriously did not hear a thing) to the soft pitter-patter of raindrops in the Bella backyard.

saturday, feb 6.
i got my hair cut! and by the time of my appointment, rachel was on her way back from her test and she came to alex's beauty bar where THE alex cut my hair short. and now i have it in a plastic bag for mailing. and my shadow looks like peter pan's. :] then rachel and i went to woodstock's and shared a delicious garlic pizza.
and sarah was visiting for the weekend again so i saw her a little bit, but not enough, when we swung by my house for more sleeping over stuff so that i could just stay at rachels before carpooling to church and sarah could sleep in my bed.
then we did a ton of laundry and waited to hang out with annika because we haven't hung out with her all year! and she invited us over to her house, the Bungalow, to watch how i met your mother with a glass of wine. because annika's classy. :]
and because it was still early, rachel and i watched wedding crashers because i had never seen it before. and i think i could've done without because i've realized i do not like owen wilson at all.

sunday, feb 7.
we went to reality carpinteria's first service with kristen and amy and stopped at coffee bean (and i did not leave my wallet this week) beforehand. i got a bagel for the first time and found that they make their own cream cheese! so good! yes, a much better experience than last sunday morning. the message was on the relational church and it was definitely something i needed to hear. it is preparing me for going back home, away from this church that i've come to love, and teaching me how i can better serve my home church.
then finally: super bowl XLIV with rachel. and our "super bowl food" consisting of lime tostitos, shea's coronas, and mini chocolate chip cookies. haha yay saints!

fine.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This was SUCH a good weekend. I remember it quite fondly. From Ihop after Adorn, to the crazy baby Rachel picture, to Coraline, even with taking the CBEST, to your hair cut with me reading about Larry's wedding, to Woodstock's, to HIMYM at the Bungalow, to church, to the Super Bowl and doing laundry and drinking beer and eating cookies. Phew. Stinkin good.