Sunday, August 22, 2010

let men be men.

my sign for the boys' apt.

in tokyo i learned to let men be men. figuring out how was the hardest part since i don't really like them to do things for me as i don't really appreciate acts of service as much as i ought. it's hard for me to let guys take my luggage or help me out. mostly because i think i can do a faster and better job. i'm still learning how to be flexible with that. but i've been realizing that i let men be men by asking them questions. maybe my pride resides in my intelligence so my way of submitting is to give the guy an opportunity to teach me something. i ask a lot of questions - some silly, most not - and i like to hear an answer even if it's purely opinion or hypothesis. if i respect him, i'll listen to his answer.

on a side note, i was thinking today about how awesome it will be to fall in love with the man who will be my husband. well, really it was for him to fall in love with me. hah. i was thinking that i want him to love and admire me because of my love for the Lord above all other things. that's one of those cliche things i've always wanted, but today i really thought about it and really wanted it. like the end of miss congeniality when she says "i really do want world peace." i really do want my future husband to see Jesus in me. i don't know what that looks like exactly, but i'm working on it.


[from mr. magorium's wonder emporium]
molly: mutant...when you look at me, what do you see?
henry: really pretty eyes.
molly: no. i mean...like, do you see a sparkle?
henry: you mean, now? like, glitter on your face?
molly: no, like, you know, a sparkle.
henry: i...what kind of sparkle?
molly: like...something reflective of something bigger that's trying to get out.

No comments: